What Really Elected Donald Trump

by Eli Duncan, Reporter

Donald Trump is the most controversial president or even the most controversial elected official in recent years. An Irish betting website has 4:1 odds that President Trump will be impeached within six months. Trump was not the popular choice, by almost 3,000,000 votes in the presidential election, but he won the electoral college by 77 electorates. He is favored by an average of 42.4% of the population while viewed unfavorably by an average of 49.9% according to a RealClearPolitics data table. How can a man who is viewed so unfavorably get elected? He got elected because people are tired of the status quo of putting other countries’ interests ahead of America’s, and tired of the behavior of the liberals and the rest of the young Democrats.

Racism and sexism didn’t elect Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton. Trump won 8% of the black vote, 29% of the Hispanic/Latino vote, 29% of the Asian vote, and 42% of the female vote according to the New York Times exit polls. What caused the downfall of Clinton winning the presidency was her younger supporters calling Trump supporters, and Republicans as a whole, racist, sexist, and Nazis. Republicans, like myself, were tired of being called those things and we banded together to rally support and votes for Donald Trump. The behavior alone gave Trump the win.

I believe that if the election were held today instead of on November 8th with all the same riots and crimes that happened since Trump was sworn into office, Trump would win the popular vote and possibly win more electoral votes.

Palo Verde sophomore Saad Amir said that Trump’s support is stronger more than ever and that if he won the first time, “he would be capable of doing it again.”

The violence from the young liberals frightened Trump supporters to the point where some were afraid to admit to their friends and family. A 15-year-old high school student was beat up by a group of protestors at a Maryland high school. A 74-year-old man was beat up by a young woman in New York City. A special needs kids was kidnapped and tortured in Chicago. Being a Trump supporter and being proud of showing it is treated as a crime against humanity. For a while, I was scared to admit I was a Trump supporter. The only people that knew were my best friends and my family who were also Trump supporters.

The liberals preach tolerance and love and then turn around and witch hunt those that don’t agree with them politically. They fight, hurt, and riot when things don’t go the way they want them to. Including the examples above, the so-called protesters at the Presidential Inauguration started tipping trash cans over and breaking windows of banks, Starbucks, and other establishments that had no connection to the Inaugural events. Protesting and freedom to voice our opinion is a right guaranteed to United States by the Constitution, but fighting and rioting is not and is illegal.

In the case of the Inauguration, that rioting could be classified as a federal crime. I have no problem with wanting to spread tolerance and love, in fact, I encourage it. I believe that we need more of it, but cherry picking those that you will tolerate and love doesn’t hold up to what the liberals say.

Liberal lies and hypocrisy truly drove people to oppose Hillary and vote Trump.

The liberals claim that Trump is the great divider and started movements like Shia Lebouf’s “He Will Not Divide Us” livestream, but some of the liberal movements are inherently divisive. The Black Lives Matter movement and modern third-wave feminism are both inherently racially and sexually divisive.

Former chief of staff for Illinois congressman Peter Roskam, Steven Moore, said “Race is an issue currently used to divide us. 50 million Americans live under the poverty line, and about 25 million of them are white. When desperately poor people are told they have ‘white privilege’ and the lives of poor black people matter, but nobody is talking about their lives, it is inherently divisive.”

Third-wave feminism has many slogans, one of them being “The future is female”. There are others that aren’t as divisive as that one, but that one takes 50% of the United States population and kicks them to the curb. I’m all for equality, but having a sign that says “The future is equality” rather than “The future is female” would be a closer representation of what feminism was meant to do, not what it does now.

This election wasn’t about Republican versus Democrat. It wasn’t about policy versus policy. And it certainly wasn’t about ethics and morals versus ethics and morals. This was election was the tired and forgotten Americans versus the ones that call the forgotten Americans racist and Nazis. It was about uniting the country, and Donald Trump will do that. What really elected Donald Trump wasn’t his supporters, it was his opposition.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “What Really Elected Donald Trump”

1. Shannon on February 16th, 2017 4:21 pm

Very nicely written article. Good job. I enjoyed ready it.

[Reply]

2. Shannon on February 16th, 2017 4:22 pm

*reading…….. oops, typo on first comment.

[Reply]

3. Dell on April 18th, 2017 9:35 pm

I’m happy to see that Mr. Duncan has taken up journalism. However, I believe that the following article is a better explanation for why Trump became president, even though the man who wrote it did so well before Trump was elected:
    http://michaelmoore.com/trumpwillwin/

[Reply]

*

• What Really Elected Donald Trump

columnists

How Schools Are Ruining Our Youth With Abstinence

• What Really Elected Donald Trump

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 review

• What Really Elected Donald Trump

columnists

How Schools Are Ruining Our Youth With Standardized Tests

• What Really Elected Donald Trump

Emmanuel Macron Victorious in French Presidential Election

• What Really Elected Donald Trump

editorials

Are Video Games Harmful?

• What Really Elected Donald Trump

Top 5 Musicals You Need to See

• What Really Elected Donald Trump

columnists

How Schools Are Ruining Our Youth With No Child Left Behind

• What Really Elected Donald Trump

Palo Verde Students Give Blood For Cause

• What Really Elected Donald Trump

Palo Verde Theater Presents: Spamalot

• ENTERTAINMENT

Top 5 Underground Artists You Need to Hear Now

What Really Elected Donald Trump