5 Most Anticipated Superhero Films of 2017

Whether you’re down for Iron Man or are completely engulfed in Superwoman’s elegance, even the smallest superhero movie buffs can get excited about what’s to come from movie makers this year.

1. Power Rangers

Take a look at the latest reboot of the popular children’s television series, but this time, it’s made for an older audience. The story follows five rebellious teens who must band together as the Power Rangers to save the world from an alien threat before it’s too late. Since the last movie was in 1995, the new reboot will have a better quality and an updated suit that will ultimately fit the new generation. See Power Rangers in theaters near you on March 24.

2. Wonder Woman

The time has come for the first leading woman to take the screen as a superhero. Coming to the screen along with Gal Gadot, is Chris Pine, the only Chris not owned by Marvel. Wonder Woman, originally trained to be an unconquerable warrior, must leave her home to fight against raging threats taking place in the outside world. She first appeared in Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice, helping the handsome heroes take down Doomsday, a villain created by Lex Luther out of Kryptonian technology. Coming out June 2, Wonder Woman is sure to bring in very large audiences, even though it’s a DC movie.

3. Spider-Man: Homecoming

After countless reboots, the beloved hero comes to screen yet again. After his appearance in Captain America: Civil War, Tom Holland’s version of Spiderman was all the rage. Spider-Man: Homecoming brings a new dimension to the story everyone knows so well. Bouncing off of the relationship between Spider-Man and Iron Man, Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr) takes on a father figure role in helping Peter Parker discover the true meaning of being Spider-Man. Coming out on July 7, the film has definitely gained a lot of attention in the media, before a trailer was even released.

4. Thor: Ragnarok

Continuing on with the Marvel fanatic, Thor: Ragnarok explores the epic duel as Thor faces off against the Incredible Hulk, a former ally and Avenger. Benedict Cumberbatch also makes an appearance in the movie as Doctor Strange, a neurosurgeon with magnificent powers. Director, Taika Waititi, has worked on all of the other Thor films and has worked with Disney in another aspect as the director of Moana. His familiar aridity with the characters of Thor will bring a nostalgic feeling towards watching the movie. See Thor: Ragnarok in theaters on November 3. If you’re a true Marvel fan, that is.

5. Justice League

Inspired by Superman’s heroic act in Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice, Batman recruits a team of superheroes – Wonder Woman, Superman, Aquaman, Cyborg, and The Flash – to face a newly awakened enemy that could potentially ruin the world. Zack Snyder may very well be DC’s favorite director, as he has directed Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice, Man of Steel, and was a helpful hand in the directing role of Wonder Woman.  After years of endless cartoons, the Justice League is finally being brought to the screen as a live action movie on November 17 in theaters near you.