Alice in Wonderland is still wonderful

Junior Alexa Williams (playing Alice) and senior Luis Monteiro (playing the Chesier Cat) perform their scenes onstage during the Wednesday performance of

Courtesy of: Alexa Williams

Junior Alexa Williams (playing Alice) and senior Luis Monteiro (playing the Chesier Cat) perform their scenes onstage during the Wednesday performance of "Alice In Wonderland"

by Annaka Cieri, Editor-in-Chief

On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, Palo was taken down the rabbit hole and transported into Wonderland for theater’s production of “Alice in Wonderland.”

The show had everything you would expect from the book, plus a little song about soup. It was funny, crazy and wonderful. It proved to be a fitting tribute to Lewis Carol’s original novel, “Alice’s Adventure in Wonderland.”

“Alice is definitely one of the most challenging shows we’ve done at Palo, but I’ve never felt more connected to the cast. I think we all were so into our own version of the iconic characters that it made for such a fun show. I am beyond grateful we did it my senior year,” said double-cast Alice, Taylor Webber.

Although playing characters of such madness may prove difficult, each actor/actress pulled off their lines with such grace, especially Shelby Lupton who intimidated everyone in the audience when screaming the famous line, “off with your head!” Not to mention the actor for the creepy Cheshire Cat, Luis Monteiro, who sent chills down your spine. Skyler Murphy even had a crazy interpretation of the March Hare, who upon shaking and yelling made you question your sanity.

That’s not all Alice offered though; it also included amazing visuals of colorful mushrooms and flowers, as well as other hilarious props, such as a toilet seat and a banana. Alice also managed to pull off one of the most graceful and beautiful dancing scenes at the beginning of the second act, which was led by “flower” dancers Hannah Mainor, Lily Scarbrough and Kyra Bracamontes, each dancer exquisitely showed off their stems with lifts, turns and jumps.

“Playing a flower was so much fun! I got to become great friends with my other cast members and be absolutely crazy in this insane play. It was an amazing time with lovely people and if I could do it all again, I would,” said Scarbrough.

“Alice in Wonderland” was an exciting play to watch and Palo’s theater could not have done it better.