Thor Ragnarok Review

by Alexandria Margo, News Editor

Rating: 10/10

Director:Taika Waititi

MPAA: PG-13

Thor is back in an all new adventure. This time the all mighty god of thunder is trying to save Asgard from the powerful villainous Hela (Blanchett). Along the way he forms a team with some familiar and not so familiar faces to try and take her down.

Starring Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Cate Blanchett (Hela), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), Tessa Thompson (Valkyrie), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk), and Taika Waititi (Korg)

The plot twists in this movie were great. Many shocking truths and actions took place.

One thing to love is the character dynamic between Loki and Thor (Hiddleston and Hemsworth). It’s same rivalry with a little bit of brotherhood mixed in.

My favorite scene was the “get help” tactic that Thor made Loki do. This scene really added to their chemistry as brothers with Thor teasing Loki.

Another thing that made Ragnorok enjoyable was some characters were surprising. For example one the guys Korg (Waititi), Thor teams up is made of rocks and looks tough. One would typically expect this character to have a grave deep voice. I was pleasantly surprised when the quirky side kick spoke and he had a lovely British accent.

I enjoyed the references to the Avengers. They were inside jokes that everyone knew.

The cameo made by Benedict Cumberbatch (Dr. Strange) was funny and showed how big the Marvel universe truly is.

The settings and locations for this movie were just so gorgeous. Asgard looked very ancient and preserved. The party city was very colorful and lively.

Led Zeppelin’s “Immigrant” was the perfect song for the battle scenes. With the familiar screams in the song paired up with clashing swords made it all the more awesome.

This movie was great, because like true Marvel fashion it was the perfect ratio of action and comedy. One minute you were laughing out loud the next minute you felt sympathy for the characters.

The overall message of Ragnorok was a nice sentiment. “Asgard isn’t the place it’s the people.”

I really enjoyed this movie and would recommend  going to the movie theater and watching it. Then watch it again because, it was just that good.