Pitch Perfect 3 review

by Janel Delgado, Reporter

Rating: 9/10

Director: Trish Sie

Starring: Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson

MPAA Rating: PG-13

The third and final installment in the Pitch Perfect trilogy is hilarious, with the same great music, and the cast’s fabulous chemistry. The movies have followed a group of students in an all girls acapella group through their years of college. This last movie shows where they are after college and how they reunite for one last adventure.

As always, Rebel Wilson’s character, Fat Amy, is as funny ever. She is the star of the show, isn’t she? The banter between her and Becca, played by Anna Kendrick, is spot on. Plus the added love interest of Chloe, who is played by Brittany Snow, is adorable while still keeping the comical feel throughout the movie. Elizabeth Banks and John Michael Higgins character’s just top off the comedy. Fat Amy may have portrayed an unrealistic subplot to the movie, but it can be overlooked because the rest of the movie is terrific. After all, isn’t the point of watching movies to enjoy the ride?

The great playlist, including: “Sit Still, Look Pretty,”; “Toxic,”; “Cheap Thrills,”; and their always featured riff-off scene are only a few of the amazing songs throughout the movie. The group’s beautiful harmonies meshes so well with one another. Watching the movies makes you want sing and, more realistically, makes you wish you could sing.

The bond not only the characters share but the actresses share is amazing. The audiences’ attachment to the characters makes this last movie bittersweet as this is the finale of the Pitch Perfect series. Pitch Perfect is a lot like high school in the aspect that you will always have the memories but you will never be able to have the same experiences again, tying in with the theme that you have to move on even if you do not want to.

While some critics say the movie was a disgrace, in my eyes, it was a hilarious, tear worthy end to Pitch Perfect. If you are a fan of the other Pitch Perfect movies, love music, or are in the mood for a comedy, this is the movie for you.