Makers and Finders: The New Neighborhood Coffee Shop

by Michelle Trajtman, Reporter

If you’re looking for a place with exceptional coffee, quality customer service, and a relaxing atmosphere, Makers and Finders is the place for you. There is a certain ambience to this place that makes you feel good as you sit and drink your coffee, and even as you walk out of the door with your to-go cup. The unique decor and comfortable aura will almost convince you to order every drink in the menu, just as an excuse to stay there longer and appreciate the strong earthy smell of roasting coffee beans.

I had only been to Makers and Finders once before. The original shop being in Downtown Las Vegas provided freedom for the owners to decorate and make it as unique as they wanted. When I heard it was coming to Downtown Summerlin, I’ll admit I was a bit hesitant. Would that originality and distinct mood from it being downtown travel with the new location? The answer is yes. As soon as I opened the doors and stepped inside, my eyes were immediately drawn to the bright decor and the one-of-a-kind artwork that makes this place so notable.

The service is excellent and the staff is incredibly friendly. One thing that I was sure to take note of was how informed everyone was. All the questions I needed answered about the menu were answered, and even questions I had about the origin of the food, my waiter knew.

This isn’t just a coffee shop that sells your average French press and Americano. Their drink menu is endless, filled with unique concoctions like their Coconut Turmeric Latte and Lavender Fog, which I would totally recommend. As you look through their drink menu, you can see the individual description of each drink. For example, the description for the Siphon read “for the true coffee geek. A delicate extraction that puts on a show.” That was it for me. I loved how even the menu gave you a “homey” feel. This place truly is a work of art.

Not only are their drinks delicious, but everything I ordered was exceptional. Their food is influenced by Latin American dishes, and it does not disappoint. Dishes like empanadas, arepas, and ceviche de camaron are just some of the Latin dishes they have. My waiter took the time to explain every dish I asked him about and was very patient while he waited for me to order.

Overall, it was a great experience. The food and drinks were exceptional, the staff was friendly, and the atmosphere was relaxing. If you consider yourself a coffee lover, or even just someone who enjoys good food in a stress-free environment, this place should definitely be on your list.