Vegas Week at Palo

Palo Verde continued it’s spirit week tradition this year with a brand-new theme, and exciting activities for all students.  Panther Week’s theme this year was Las Vegas. Per usual, Palo had a the dress-up theme each day, music and activities at lunch, and an assembly to round the whole week out.

Monday’s theme was “Waking up in Vegas.” Panthers got in the school spirit with a classic theme of dressing out in pajamas.

Tuesday, Palo students continued the week with the “Wild West” theme. That day, panthers went all-out in classic cowboy and western gear.

Wednesday was “Red Rock Day.” Students brought in all their favorite hiking gear from their trips to the nearby canyon.

With our new, up-and-coming hockey team, the Vegas Golden Knights, student council decided to incorporate Vegas spirit gear into Thursday’s agenda.

Of course, Friday’s theme was to rock Palo’s Vegas assembly shirts.

The Panther Community gathered in the gym after school to share their panther pride. Right when you walk into the gym you’re welcomed by a giant poster featuring the Vegas Strong theme of this year’s spirit week. Students sat excited in the bleachers as they cheered on their cheerleaders and dance team.

The assembly consisted of various activities including having students get five rolls of toilet paper from the top of their section all the way to bottom to first, but they had to unroll the rolls.

Palo’s teachers managed to step into the spotlight at another assembly as they waited patiently in the middle of the gym for students to come down and pick which teacher they wanted to pie in the face.

Staying for the assembly is definitely a must-do when you’re looking to see everyone come together to admire the work everyone put into our spirit week.