Should Students Be Allowed to Grade Their Teachers?

by Kayla Faasse, Reporter

As students learn less and teachers teach less, the schooling environment is becoming less sustainable. The more students are engaged in the class, the more their grades improve.

Teachers are responsible for making an environment for students to learn, and they should know if they’re doing a great job or not. By giving students the potential to grade their teachers, it allows teachers to see their progress and be able to make their classrooms more enjoyable for the students.

Yes, some students may be too immature to evaluate their teachers, but having a kid’s input on how their teacher is performing in the classroom may be better than an admin’s “evaluation.”

Teachers need to know how the ones they’re teaching feel about their teaching style. If you have more than half the class sleeping, maybe that’s an indication that the lesson is boring.

After all, it is the student’s education, why shouldn’t he or she have an input on how they’re taught and how well the teachers are teaching them?Most of the time, it isn’t the student’s fault but the teacher’s failure at teaching the subject. This can cause multiple issues.
The only way this concept  may not be developed into the school system is if the kids are not serious about grading their teachers.
Others might not care about the concept at all. If this was the case, then there should be a compromise. Instead of grading their teachers, students can give feedback. Feedback helps the teacher to improve their methods to become a better teacher and develop different styles of teaching. Feedback can also help the teachers and students be on the same page.
The more teachers and students are one the same page, the more the classroom environment improves. With this student grading system, the class can go from being a sleeping place to a place of vibrant discussion.