New Arctic Monkeys Album?

by Brisa Muscaglione, Features Editor

The 2013 Tumblr grunge aesthetic will be coming back with full force sometime in the next couple of months because the beloved indie/psychedelic rock band, the Arctic Monkeys, are rumored to be finally coming out with a new album in 2018.

For reference, the Arctic Monkeys started out in the suburbs of Sheffield, England, with lead singer, Alex Turner, bass guitar player, Andy Nicholson, Matt Helders on drums and Jamie Cook on guitar.

TIme goes on and things change which led some people of this English rock band to leave, switching out bass guitar player, Andy Nicholson, for Nick O’Malley in 2006.

The departure of Nicholson only led to great things, like the release of their second studio album, Favorite Worst Nightmare. Turner’s crooning voice hooked millions, leaving these Brits with some hardcore fans.

After Favorite Worst Nightmare, the Arctic Monkeys continued making their mark in the indie rock scene, but this English band is probably most known for their last album, AM, which came out in September of 2013.

AM became 2013’s second fastest selling album, bringing along thousands of new avid listeners and a huge demand for this band to keep launching their melodic tunes out into the universe.

Alex Turner and his bandmates didn’t listen to our cries, and instead decided to take nearly half a decade to supposedly bring out new music.

By “supposedly,”  I mean most definitely according to bassist, O’Malley, stating that, “If it isn’t, we’ve got problems,” when announcing that a new album will be coming in 2018.

In fact, the Arctic Monkeys are going to begin touring in June of this year — a perfect way to kick off the debuting of a new album, perhaps?

The point of this article is pretty simple, really. The Arctic Monkeys need to release this highly anticipated album as soon as possible so that me and thousands of other pretentious teenagers can blast this sure to be masterpiece on our pretentious record players and fall in deeper love with our favorite modern rock band.