Ivy Chipman: Palo’s 2018-2019’s Student Body President

Laura Park
President Ivy Chipman

After recent elections, Palo Verde has wisely chosen next year’s Student Body President. Bright, hardworking, Ivy Chipman will be in charge of 2018-2019’s students.

Born in New Mexico, Chipman’s household has never been empty, being that she has three other siblings. Although there might be small arguments here and there, Chipman has used having siblings to her advantage by learning crucial life skills which she now uses in her day-to-day life.  

“I have one brother and two sisters. Having siblings has taught me cooperation and patience. My siblings and I have built a strong relationship that we will continue to have forever,” says Chipman.

Chipman’s desire to serve others didn’t start in high school. It has been a lifelong journey, and she’s loving every second of it. She has made it her life’s purpose to brighten up whoever she comes across by using compassion, kindness, and most importantly, love. With that being said, serving others doesn’t just take the qualities mentioned above, it also takes hard work, and that is something Chipman is not afraid to tackle.

“My passion for improving the lives of others impacted my choice to join student council in 7th grade. These five years in leadership has led me to have the strong desire to be student body president,” states Chipman.

Palo Verde has a special place in Chipman’s heart, which is part of the reason why she takes stuco so seriously. She has been here since freshman year, so being awarded the title of Student Body President was a tremendous accomplishment for this scholar.

“My initial reaction when I found out I was elected to be Student Body President was total excitement and joy for the upcoming year,” recalls Chipman.

Being in charge of the student body here at Palo isn’t a one man’s job; it takes a dedicated group of individuals, and that is exactly what this upcoming year’s team is looking like.  

“I’m so excited to be working with such incredible leaders next year. The newly elected student body officers are qualified, hardworking, and dedicated students that will impact our school in a great way,” mentions Chipman.
Along with being passionate about serving others, Chipman’s other love is music. Chipman’s instruments of choice are the organ and piano.

“My passion in life is music. I’ve been involved with music my whole life and it has impacted my life for the better,” says Chipman.

When Chipman isn’t helping around the school or learning a new song to play on the piano/organ, she enjoys the simple things in life. Chipman has found a perfect balance between school and her social life, which is something most of us should strive for.

“A perfect day for me consists of going on a hike, enjoying nature and being around those who I love,” states Chipman.  

It seems that the stars have and always will be aligned for this go-getter, Ivy Chipman. She has a bright future ahead and without a doubt will accomplish every one of the goals she has set for herself.

“In 10 years I hope to be well into my career and life. I want to go into business at either BYU or University of Utah. I want to have graduated with the advanced honors diploma and be accepted to one of my dream schools,” says Chipman.

A final word from Chipman is a famous Thomas S. Monson quote: “Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.”